Narrowband

M1 THE CRAB WIDE FIELD

CELESCOPE

That one is harder than we think Ant it is barely visible from my place so a dark sky is really want you need , the HA filter has been a huge help and whereas before i would prob only image for 25 30 secs i stick to 45 or 55 secs now , this for the fast start is all i need really as it does perform 25 times faster than at F10 , also i now tend to turn tha gain of the camera up just a wee bit more , not to much as it would be to noisy just found a nice balance of late with the Atik .

Cheers

Rog

lol got to be careful with the crab not to over process it , it is a soft image that brings out the best detail i have found this out after doing many of them , i have been told this is the best natural image i have ever done , so thats pleasing ,

Cheers for the input agin , tis fun getting everyone involved

Rog

:clouds1:

I'm sure you are both right but I prefer the harder image pictorially.  

The way I see it is, open space is black so having first produced a black I then process the midtones and hi-lights to make good use of all the tones available.  The difficult part, I find, is not blowing the hi-lights and avoiding noise.  

The real buzz, for me, is when you successfully find and separate out the various tones and in doing so, enhance detail.  

Steve

Archived