Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Mr Q

What Happens To Your Images After...

you showed them to friends, family or even had them published or at least posted on sites like this one?

Though strictly a visual observer, I always wondered what happens to all those images. Where do they end up? What happens to them?:D

I'm not a particularly capable imager, but all mine (including all the subs etc), clutter up my hard drive waiting for me to learn new processing stuff to try and make them better!

Edited by Black Knight

I haven't got many to show really, so desktop background is pretty much it. I would like to explore the possibility of having a few printed on transparant film and make some slim back lit arrangement for hanging on the wall. Don't know if that will work though.

I have made total of 2 photos (from hand...) from like 2 weeks ago and they are still waiting in my basic folder, waiting to be sorted into a nice new album. Else i can say what happens to some images I've seen uploaded here, they end up on my desktop. :icon_salut:

mine are dotted over various hard drive's and memory sticks. But ultimatley they all get up loaded to my flickr page and my albums on here

They all go into my 'screen saver' folder at work. I have set this come on after 1 minute of inactivity and play random astro shots. That way I get see my pics on an almost daily basis (or more often if I'm not busy on the PC).

Better still- people wondering past see my work to....."did you really take that photo?". Then I get to explain how it was done. Several people here have since bought scopes.

Tetrabytes of raw images are backed up on external hard drives and DVDs. Any images I think are worth keeping go on my website, a very select few get printed and framed for the walls at home