Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is this a record?

wulfrunian

Long time away from any kind of observing, realised that the goto scope I'd bought before wasn't for me, so decided to sell and buy a new manual 10" dob. Dob arrived on Thursday (usual great service from FLO!), but because of work couldn't unpack the boxes till Friday afternoon.

So, Friday afternoon, unpacked and put together the base. Swapped my RA finderscope from the other scope onto it. Looked out, darkness just falling, clear skies!!! Didn't have much time, but there was time for half an hour out with it, aligned the finder on the Moon, and had chance for a nose at Jupiter.

Okay, the clouds did pop out of the new box yesterday morning, but still, out with the the new scope within an hour of it being out of the box, didn't think that was possible!

It was only half an hour, but it's very good. I need to fit my Rigel finder onto it, and not had chance to collimate yet, but even so, crisp views of the Moon, and clearly visible belts of Jupiter plus all four moons. The fact that I can have it ready in five minutes when there's just half an hour spare is one of the things I love about this scope!

Archived