Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

MikeD

102 frame moon mosaic

From Friday night,

1500 frame avi's x 102.

Stacked with auto batch processing in avistack ,wavelets applied in registax and put together with imerge.

I had some issues, like a strip of bad seeing while the moon crossed paths with the bad air from next doors chimney ( the strip level with the straight wall).

A thin strip of missed overlap I had to sort with my 91 frame mosaic and some cloning.:clouds1:

There are some other issues but I will try to address them after a break from the data.:D

Below is a 20% version and the full size image is HERE

Mike.

miked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture15589-moonmosaic-03-02-12-sgl20.jpg

That`s a great result Mike. A lot of work into that.

I tried it myself the same night as you but trees stopped play.

Well done.

Thanks guy's.:D

It was a cold night to be sat still in the obs.

I tried it myself the same night as you but trees stopped play.

Bummer......you do need a long time to get a large mosaic in.

Mike.

very impressive work, the patience required to capture and then process the images is huge.

102 frames, are you mad. Love the 20% one, can't comment on the full size one 'til it finishes downloading...some time next week :D

Look fantastic Mike :D

Always a pain missing a tiny bit out. It's not as easy as just copying from an earlier image as the libration and exact phase will almost always be different, but you've done a great job there - I can't see where the cloned bit is.

Lovely image nice and crisp, you put alot of effort into that but looks worth it in the end. i done a 52 panel mosaic and that was bad enough!

102 panes...??? "Wow!" hardly scratches the surface. Stunning etc etc etc...:clouds1:

I don't know whether to be inspired or completely demoralised by the amazing standard of much of the lunar work displayed on here this weekend.

I expect the mods who did POW are glad it's "on holiday" at the moment, because I'd hate to have to choose a shortlist of 10, let alone a lunar "winner"...

Hats off to you all. :D

I'm fighting with a 42 pane one at the moment (I think I needed 44 D'oh!) so I'm in awe of this Mike. Fantastic!

Helen

I'm fighting with a 42 pane one at the moment (I think I needed 44 D'oh!) so I'm in awe of this Mike. Fantastic!

Helen

"Fighting"... Yep, been there. :D

"42 pane - needed 44"... Yep, been there too!

Good luck!

Good job Mike, I thought 65 panes was hard (but I was using registax for processing) but 102 :D... excellent

Edited by jgs001

I had some problems with a 19 pane mosaic, can't imagine the amount of work with this one!

Well done !

Thanks again all.:)

With avistack it's not the huge task it used to be. My first large mosaic was 120 frames and that was processed in registax and took me over 3 weeks to put together.:icon_salut:

Mike.

Awesome image, great job well done.

Maybe one day I'll achieve something this good!

Thanks again all.:)

With avistack it's not the huge task it used to be. My first large mosaic was 120 frames and that was processed in registax and took me over 3 weeks to put together.:icon_salut:

Mike.

Any chance of putting together some tips on how best to do batch stacking in Avistack Mike? I used Registax and it took a while!

Helen

Hi Helen,

To be honest I haven't really learnt how to use Avistack2 I just left eveything set to default (apart from the type of file and where to save it) loaded all my AVI's and let it do its thing.

Avdhoeven has but up a detailed work flow for Avistack here....

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-tips-tricks-techniques/174418-lunar-processing-workflow-maximum-sharpness.html

You could use that work flow on the first avi and then load up all the other avi's and select...... Settings/ processing/all automatic(except post-processing) then hi-light all the avi's and hit the batch processing tab on the bottom left.

Hope that helps.

Mike.