Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Sparrow

Eskimo Nebula - could do with feedback

I actually posted this a few weeks ago, but have just discovered the deconvolution tool and thought this would be a good image to try it out on, to try and bring out a bit more of the scant detail.

The nebula is very small in the FOV so I've had to enlarge and crop it for this image.

I'll probably refine the processing further on this image eventually but for now I'm more concerned about the detail in the nebula.

ANy thoughts would be much appreciated as it may change my current workflow for processing.

Regards

John

post-14401-133877728245_thumb.jpg

post-14401-133877728252_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sparrow

Very nicely done. This is a titchy little thing and you have pulled quite a bit of detail from it.

I agree with Rik you have done really well ringing out such fine detail in a very small PN.

ATB martyn

Given the size of this nebula you have done a fantastic job as there's a considerable amount of detail in it.:)

Good job, its far too small for me to try and take of it. Looks like a green eye ball to me.

Tom.