Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SLR Camera Mod....?

daz

I have purchased a 2nd SLR camera that I am going to use as a knife-edge focusser for my Canon EOS 500n. I know the model is not ideal for astro-photo's - it doesn't have mirror-lock up for start, but it was cheap (the 2nd once cost me a whacking ONE PENCE!!!!)

I know that you can't change the view-screen for another matte, but I'd like to improve the contrast in the view-screen (on the 2nd) and get rid of the mirror (on the 1st).

Anyone know of any resources that push me in the right direction???

I have purchased a 2nd SLR camera that I am going to use as a knife-edge focusser for my Canon EOS 500n.

... Whats a knife-edge focusser?

I'd like to improve the contrast in the view-screen (on the 2nd) and get rid of the mirror (on the 1st).

You won't be able to do either Daz. 

I'll explain at the Star Party.

Steve :clouds1:

Steve - a knife-edge focuser is a device that uses (as it's name suggests) the edge of a blade to ensure absolute focus. There are products that use vertical lines (there is a technical name for them) to achieve the same thing. I have found a number of articles on Google that detail how to do it - hence the purchase of a non-functioning version of my camera. As long as the view-finder and mirror work that's all I need.

As for modding the other (working) camera, I had a nasty feeling the answer would be no!!

[removed word].

Archived