1564402927_Comet2021Banner.jpg.a8d9e102cd65f969b635e8061096d211.jpg

Comet Gerradd/M92 from Friday Morning

Hi folks

Well like a lot of imagers I set the clock early to catch this pairing at 3pm-I managed two subs before the clouds rolled in...., ah well such is an astrophotographers lot.....:clouds1:

So I've tried to tease out the best data in the clearest sub exposure and this is the best I can do-it seems to be lacking in colour but you can clearly see the fan shaped tail, its quite a striking sight!

1 X 5 min sub at ISO 1600, taken using my modded Canon 450D and Orion USA ED80 scope ( I love this scope!:D)

John

post-15189-133877728053_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the commets guys-the best time to catch this would be starting from about 2 to 3 am until dawn-as Hercules gets higher in the sky.

Comet Gerradd will be well placed for some weeks to come and it should get brighter too which will make it an easier target to image/observe.

I always use www.heavens-above.com to get the latest up to date comet positions including Gerradd.:D

John