Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

I'm taking no chances with cold weather. I am bringing my Ski jacket, salopettes and Polar explorer wellies which are guaranteed to keep your feet warm down to - 60 C!!!

If it`s cold I`ll be in my ski gear too, it kept me warm at -27 celcius when I went to Lapland!

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowboard trousers. Snow "moon" Boots and a down filled coat that makes me look twice the size I am (Thermals underneath too of course).

Fingers crossed I won't be spending the night shivering in tent - hopefully I won't be in the tent at night!

Yes, you are quite right :)

I'm confusing my star parties ;)

Last year we had some nice skies too though ;)

Wondered if I was the one getting confused! :) Yes we have had some nice skies each year since my first star party at SGL4.

Wondered if I was the one getting confused! ;) Yes we have had some nice skies each year since my first star party at SGL4.

SGL4 was my 1st too. I stayed just one night in my daughters pup tent and froze ;)

Did see some lovely spiral structure in M51 and my 1st supernova on the same night though so it was very worthwhile :)

SGL4 was my 1st too. I stayed just one night in my daughters pup tent and froze ;)

Did see some lovely spiral structure in M51 and my 1st supernova on the same night though so it was very worthwhile ;)

We were in a tent too, but did have the benefit of plugging in a heater for a bit. A couple of months later we bought a caravan! Think that was the year RobH brought along his 14" SCT? That gave some lovely views!

SGL5 was my first starparty. I got frostbite on my left foot ;) but had the best time ever. It really made the difference for me realising I wasn't the only nutter spending hours in the garden staring at dots in the sky ;) Met some great people and got to look through some very nice kit.

We were in a tent too, but did have the benefit of plugging in a heater for a bit. A couple of months later we bought a caravan! Think that was the year RobH brought along his 14" SCT? That gave some lovely views!

Yep - I can remember seeing Saturn through Rob's 14" Meade ;)

I've bought a caravan to the SP's since then though - SGL4 helped me to decide that my camping days were behind me :)

Getting quite excited about SGL7 now though. I'm going to make a list of stuff to take tonight I think ;)

Wah! No 11th century Norman castle should be without it's own Cetacean Installation! But Cuddles has long since gone...now there are flamingoes in the moat and llamas on the motte (I kid you not).

Archived