Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_jupiter.jpg

Kai

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

701 posts in this topic

Hi Rik,

How can we see you in the dark without bells???????????

Cheers

Adrian

Stealth Noddy?

I bet Big Ears can still hear you! (Groan!):p:)

Hi all, I'm a newbie first timer coming to SGL7, will be bringing my (beardy) friend John along and camping fri/sat/sun. Have never met anyone from the forum before... but looking forward to it - fingers crossed for the weather!

I've noticed that this thread is the only place we can chat about the upcoming SGL7 at the moment?

PS: I look silly in any hat...

PS: I look silly in any hat...

That's the point :p

just with Lulu ;) mine isn't at all silly

Ive got a crazy jesters hat i used to wear to the rugby ( and it is crazy ! ).

Silly hats - moi?!

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I only wear the most practical observing hats!

(I've sliced off a lot of my hair since this photo was taken - I think I aimed for the fascinator and missed...;);))

p.s. I didn't actually buy this hat. My mate Nicnac and I were just playing with the hats in Debenhams.:)

post-15346-133877739264_thumb.jpg

Edited by lulu57
my questionable judgement in choosing tasteful chapeaux

I have ordered my "themed hat" and was going to "accessorise" it until I saw the price of the "accessories" ;)

A quick trip to the range and a bit of DIY might just have solved the accessorising dilema...

Peter...

Edited by Psychobilly

I have ordered my "themed hat" and was going to "accessorise" it until I saw the price of the "accessories" ;)

A quick trip to the range and a bit of DIY might just have solved the accessorising dilema...

Peter...

I think you look pretty good with the hat on in your avatar lmao

So do I get the takahashi starparty hat

post-17191-133877739627_thumb.jpg

or do I get the synta knockoff

post-17191-133877739635_thumb.jpg

I think you look pretty good with the hat on in your avatar lmao

The Hat won't be here for a few Days.. but the Accessories might Leek out later today...

Production is in full swing....

Leeky.jpg

Edited by Psychobilly

or do I get the synta knockoff

Go for the synta one - 90% of the performance at 20% of the price ;)

Looks are a subjective thing of course ;)

Wow Psycho! The hat sounds exciting! I'll have to take a full range of headware...nothing as exciting as your vegetable patch, though!

Wow Psycho! The hat sounds exciting! I'll have to take a full range of headware...nothing as exciting as your vegetable patch, though!

I wasn't up to making Daffs but might have to buy some...

Got the leek making technique pretty much sorted though...

Early forecast indications (handful of salt required, I'm sure!)

UK Outlook for Friday 16 Mar 2012 to Friday 30 Mar 2012:

Indications are that conditions will gradually become a little drier in general with temperatures generally rising to near normal. Despite the nearer-normal temperatures, occasional overnight frost remains a risk, especially in the north. Rainfall amounts across northern areas are likely to be near or above average, whilst more settled conditions elsewhere will tend to lead to rainfall amounts around or slightly below average, especially in eastern and southern Britain.

Updated: 1237 on Thu 1 Mar 2012

I'll see your handful and raise it to a bucket... Fingers crossed and all that ;)

I do hope it is frosty - you know what usually comes before a frosty morning? ;)

I do hope it is frosty - you know what usually comes before a frosty morning? ;)

....a shivering night in a tent ;)

Helen

I'm taking no chances with cold weather. I am bringing my Ski jacket, salopettes and Polar explorer wellies which are guaranteed to keep your feet warm down to - 60 C!!!

if it snow we can send you out for the milk then reddoss lol

... Polar explorer wellies which are guaranteed to keep your feet warm down to - 60 C!!!

from past experience, you'll need some good thick socks to go with those as well ;)

I'm taking any forecast with a mountain of salt. The last couple of years the forecast was poor and yet we had some lovely clear nights and sunny days. No con trails last year either due to a certain Icelandic volcano ;)

I hope saying that has not put a jinx on this years event ;)