Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, I'm a newbie first timer coming to SGL7, will be bringing my (beardy) friend John along and camping fri/sat/sun. Have never met anyone from the forum before... but looking forward to it - fingers crossed for the weather!

I've noticed that this thread is the only place we can chat about the upcoming SGL7 at the moment?

PS: I look silly in any hat...

Silly hats - moi?!

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I only wear the most practical observing hats!

(I've sliced off a lot of my hair since this photo was taken - I think I aimed for the fascinator and missed...;);))

p.s. I didn't actually buy this hat. My mate Nicnac and I were just playing with the hats in Debenhams.:)

post-15346-133877739264_thumb.jpg

I have ordered my "themed hat" and was going to "accessorise" it until I saw the price of the "accessories" ;)

A quick trip to the range and a bit of DIY might just have solved the accessorising dilema...

Peter...

I think you look pretty good with the hat on in your avatar lmao

Wow Psycho! The hat sounds exciting! I'll have to take a full range of headware...nothing as exciting as your vegetable patch, though!

I wasn't up to making Daffs but might have to buy some...

Got the leek making technique pretty much sorted though...

Early forecast indications (handful of salt required, I'm sure!)

UK Outlook for Friday 16 Mar 2012 to Friday 30 Mar 2012:

Indications are that conditions will gradually become a little drier in general with temperatures generally rising to near normal. Despite the nearer-normal temperatures, occasional overnight frost remains a risk, especially in the north. Rainfall amounts across northern areas are likely to be near or above average, whilst more settled conditions elsewhere will tend to lead to rainfall amounts around or slightly below average, especially in eastern and southern Britain.

Updated: 1237 on Thu 1 Mar 2012

... Polar explorer wellies which are guaranteed to keep your feet warm down to - 60 C!!!

from past experience, you'll need some good thick socks to go with those as well ;)

I'm taking any forecast with a mountain of salt. The last couple of years the forecast was poor and yet we had some lovely clear nights and sunny days. No con trails last year either due to a certain Icelandic volcano ;)

I hope saying that has not put a jinx on this years event ;)

Archived