SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've arrived home (via a rather nice pub lunch), unpacked and are now relaxing, enjoying what's left of the weekend. We wanted to say a big thanks to all of the team who made SGL7 a huge success. I came along last year but this was the first for Suzanne and Charlotte. They had a great time too (although Charlotte said she preferred the playground to the telescopes).

Everyone was friendly and helpful but I must single out James for my now annual collimation session. Same time next year?

I'm already looking forwards to next year - I'll have to see if there is any way that I can manage more than a couple of nights.

Andrew, Suzanne and Charlotte

I'm back home now too and more or less unpacked. It was great to meet old and new friends and to share a couple of nice evenings viewing the heavens :p

Many thanks to the organising team :blob10: - it was a really enjoyable event and, as usual, I'm looking forward to the next one already :o

Just got home and unpacked.

What a fantastic time, met TONS of new friends, learnt an amazing amount, got sunburnt, and last but not least had my stupidity corrected with the new Sumerian thanks to Haitch - Thanks a million Buddy.

Big shout out to the organizers, great Job :blob10::hello2::o:hello2::p:hello2:

Roll on next year - theres still loads of peeps I didnt get to meet.

Yes it was a great weekend..made even better as my two lads had a good time with some now regular SGL friends.

Amazing weather..should have used sunscreen!

Great viewing on Friday and Saturday. Loved seeing comet Garrard and the supernova in M95 in a 14 inch scope.

So many people this year I did not get around to seeing everyone....its so popular this stargazing now..

Mark (the galaxy hunter!)

Wow, what a weekend. Not my first star party but the first where I've managed to get in a decent amount of observing. Fantastic time, great people (thanks whoever it was that helped me and my friends out with a galaxy tour on my 14" dob it really made our evening - sorry I didn't catch your name. Thanks too to imarcs for the red filters for our lights - glad to help out with the Sumerian dob. Looking forward to the next time.

What a superb weekend. :p

It was great catch up with so many old friends and make some many new one. Thanks for all the help, particulaly Rick, Kev and Mick.

The astronomy was excellent, as was the camp site.

Thanks again to all the people involved in the organization of this event. :blob10::icon_salut::o

I had an absolutely brilliant weekend having my first go at autoguiding. I still have a long way to go and it seems a dark art for a non-techie like me. But I couldn't have got anywhere without Astrognome and Uranium235, and other guys who strolled by. I had some great advice on processing from Rik and Astronut tweaked my collimation for me, again! You've all been brilliant guys, and above all patient! :blob10:

Thanks Daz and the organisers for brilliant organisation. The hog roast was incredible!

It's been lovely seeing you all. I just wish I had the stamina to stay longer!

XXX

What a fantastic time I had and I learnt so much, many thanks, and I made many new friends, it was my first but definatly not my last, A big thank you to Daz and the organizers. Can not wait untill next year the site was brilliant. and thanks to haitch for explaining what filters to use on what objects. and a special thanks to Marc and Craig for letting me charge my power tanks. :blob10:

Still here with the die-hards :p Its been a brilliant weekend - met some really nice people and got to look through some pretty big scopes. Thanks to the SGL team for putting this show on... and yes, the hogroast was fantastic - food of the gods :)

Managed to get something done too (despite the dew/guiding/drunkeness) :o

More pics to follow......

attachment.php?attachmentid=83341&stc=1&d=1332693936

That is is just oh, soooooo brilliant. Stonking. I'm glad I saw it on-site.

Thanks so much for all your help.:blob10:

Alexxx

A great 5 days at SGL7 Lucksall.

I have finally unpacked everything which took longer than the drive home. Everything cleaned and packed away ready for the next time. :o

A very big thank you to all those involved in making this a great event, and to all those who helped me out on a personal level. :blob10:

Thanks loads for the solar filter.:blob10: This is the image I took when you were there. Simple, but I'm really excited by it!

You're most welcome, it came out pretty good for the almost epic fail we had setting it up! LOL :o

Had a great time, what a friendly bunch. Made a number of new friends, renewed previous acquaintances and got some imaging done too.

Thanks to Firefox for letting me share his caravan and to Spikey for help with Artemis and processing my first CCD image.

Well done to the organisers. Will certainly be coming again.

Carole

Yes it was a great weekend..made even better as my two lads had a good time with some now regular SGL friends.

Amazing weather..should have used sunscreen!

Great viewing on Friday and Saturday. Loved seeing comet Garrard and the supernova in M95 in a 14 inch scope.

So many people this year I did not get around to seeing everyone....its so popular this stargazing now..

Mark (the galaxy hunter!)

Seriously, if any of you want a galaxy tour guide, using a Dob, look no further than Mark!

I think I did the equivalent of a Messier Mile (so yeah still far away from a Marathon)...

Didn't get a chance to do a proper goodbye to everyone as I had to leave at 07.30 Sunday...

Thanks to all lovely people, can't name them one by one, well I'll single out Helen for giving the very informative scope tour.

My only panic moment was I didn't realize if you don't want Hog Roast, then you need to eat your own stuff as I was relying on the Cafe to be open!

Not too bad, just gobble the rest of pot noodles and fruit loaf!

Might be good to warn people in future SGL of when can they rely on the Cafe.

Archived