Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

sirmetin

Epetition - dark skies

It has already been posted and slipped down the order.

Nowt wrong with putting it up again though :D.

It does not seem to have gathered many more sigs which is a shame.

I thought it probably had but couldn't see it and serach on epetition didn't find it. I think it needs 20000 to even be considered obviously needs noting in as many astronomy sites as possible. Maybe some of the retailers might put a link on their sites. Need to let people know as it is a good idea.

SGL has 20000 members.

Say half of them (10000) are UK.

That still leaves over 8000 members who have not signed it.

I envy this portion of the SGL membership for whom LP is not a problem :D

I think it is a great idea but for anything like this to stand a chance people have to get proactive. Currently with 1652 sigs it is not going far is it. I have had some family and friends sign up and have it tagged in on my e-mail. I can't believe how little momentum it has though considering how big a problem it is for a great deal of people. Seriously, you would think a couple of thousand of us here would be able to get 10 or more to sign up considering how much most of us can whine about it. But maybe that's all LP is, just something else for us Brits to have a good whine about and do nothing about it.....:D

I'm up for seeing if we can push the numbers up. It could be a bit of fun if nothing else.

It would be handy if we could have a sticky but then I think we are into the realms of making SGL political.

I don't know if anyone has posted this but I came across the link from the psp site and I think it is something people should look at and consider signing.

Stargazing - e-petitions

Thanks for that. I missed this when it was posted earlier. Signed now!:D

Probably banging ones head against a brick wall here, but I've signed the petition. I can see the sky-glow of Manchester (30 miles away) and Liverpool (50 miles away) from my house.

done and shared, i repost a link on facebook every now and again

Have also signed this and it is linked on our webite but..the count is not exactly on the huge scale.

Come on SGL where are you?...oops had a Delia moment :icon_salut: