Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Avdhoeven

Lunar processing workflow for maximum sharpness...

Thanks I was having a go at some lunar processing earlier but didn't get very good results. I hope to get some time to read your workflow, it looks very well written and detailed.

What an excellent document.

Dank u wel Avdhoeven, I learned a lot from this.

(Am currently having a play with Avistack2 which I've never seen before) :D

Edited by Grunthos

OK run into a problem already on step one!? :D

I can't open my avi's as it is saying "frame length does not match codec" seems to work fine in registax, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael

on the avistack site there is a small file you need to download to open all avi formats.... it's described there...

OK second question: It is taking about 2.5hrs to stack one 1400 frame avi. Is this normal? That's probably going to take 2.5 days to get this done?

Seems a long time doesn't it?

Thanks,

Michael

You need to turn off the display screen: Settings > Update Display > None. This will speed things up quite a bit.

I use an I7 laptop, than it only takes about 5-10 minutes or so.

I just found a very good alternative. The new autostakkert2 software is really good and gets the same detail with much less settings and time needed....

you can find it by googling for autostakkert....

That's really good - thanks for putting the time and effort into that.

I use Avistack 2 and your tutorial has answered quite a few points that I've tinkered with, not really understanding what I'm doing.

Off now to try the other software you've suggested ...

Thanks again

Steve

hello i downloaded astra image and tried it on some previous good moon images with the settings in the tutorial, i dont seem to get anything like the result in the tutorial any ideas why?

That really surprises me, it should normally work quite well. Can you send me an image file? Just pm me for my mail address...

I see some kind of jpg artefacts in the image. Which software did you use to stack the images and what camera and software did you use to capture the data? It looks like the camera itself already does some compression when recording...

Hi Andre

Just to confirm - you don't appear to use the post processing / Wavelet routine in Avistack - or am I missing something??

Cheers

Steve