EQ3 question

Hi......Skywatcher 150pl all set up and balanced however I have a question reference the RA dial.

as you can see in the first picture. the zero is not in the center of the mount. I have looked to see if it can be readjusted but all i can see is a small threaded hole on the dial itself. see pic.

I thought that maybe there was a small allen key grub screw in there that could be released to allow me to reposition but it appears not. Is it a small flat head screwdriver grub screw or is it for something else?

is it even necessary for me to alter this i.e. whats it for

The Dec dial seems spot on.

post-32963-133877725819_thumb.jpg

post-32963-133877725825_thumb.jpg

Unfortunatley the dials on the EQ3-2 are more for show and gives the impression of a scientific instrument. In reality the scale on the rings is to large to be very accurate. You will also notice that the RA locking screw doesnt lock. Again more for show. I have managed to use the rings a few times with some success however

Archived