Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Videos of "how to do it"..

I find that regular searching on the internet throws up various websites, as well as You Tube for some great video tutorials. I'm not just talking about Registax, Photoshop etc. but some more basic things like polar alignment. Until I followed it on a video, I struggled.

How about we suggest links or name websites where new astronomers can see for themselves.

Personally, I find the videos done by Dion of Astronomy Shed really useful. He seems a genuine character (the out-takes prove that) and he has a lot of good advice which he demonstrates brilliantly

Does anyone know of any more?

• 2 months later...

Thanks for that, I've already seen some of your stuff. Very useful. I worked in Chicago for a while a few years back (I live in the UK). Was based in Oak Brook on the outskirts of the city. My favourite city in the US.

Thanks for that, I've already seen some of your stuff. Very useful. I worked in Chicago for a while a few years back (I live in the UK). Was based in Oak Brook on the outskirts of the city. My favourite city in the US.

Thank you Steve, I appreciate the kind compliment. I'm in the process of working on some more "general purpose" type videos for beginners. I hope to have them done in a few weeks.

The Oak Brook area is nice area, and I do enjoy living near Chicago for many reasons. Unfortunately, the light pollution is not one of them... :D

Ah well, can't have everything! :icon_salut:

Great videos, David. They've been a massive help and very informative. Thank you for your time and effort.

You're welcome, and thank you for watching and the nice compliment. I do my best. The goal is to get more people looking up and then educate them about light pollution, so the more people share them online, the more impact I hope to have on that problem which affects us all.

Archived