SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

iPhone afocal adapter

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Took this one last night using the homemade iPhone adapter and instagram app.post-34162-133877782292_thumb.jpg

Saturn 5, you really were the greatest sight

Stretching out on a summer's day

Houston, it's calling me back to her

An Eagle lands, and a planet full of people raises its hands

All hail the men who will walk up in heaven today

Inspiral Carpets - 1994

Thanks, it's definitely the best one I've done so far. I saw the adapter you posted the link to a few weeks ago. Really cool design, but still too pricey for me, it did serve as the inspiration for my homemade adapter though. Good luck photographing the Venus transit next week. Unfortunately I'm away on holiday and the wife won't let me take my 10" Dob with us or it means we'll have to leave one of the kids at home! Post some of your pics if they turn out well. :-)

Nice pic :hello2:

Decided to buy the Orion steadypix to hopefully use next week with the Transit of Venus.

I did come across this adaptor though which looks promising:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/637232010/magnifi-the-worlds-first-iphone-photoadapter-case

Just took a punt on this. Thanks for the link. It will be handy with my grab and go scope I tend not to take the imaging gear with that so this is a good solution

Sent from tapatalk

Just took a punt on this. Thanks for the link. It will be handy with my grab and go scope I tend not to take the imaging gear with that so this is a good solution

Sent from tapatalk

Let me know what you think of it when it arrives. :hello2:

I might give that a shot when mine arrives. I've already got an app which has an augmented option for polar align

5699c09f-139f-c60c.jpg

Sent from tapatalk

Archived