SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first moon shot!

kingboya

Hi All.

This is my first ever picture of a celestial object.

I used a T-ring attached to my new Skyliner 200P Dob, and this is what I ended up with.

I am really chuffed with it but I would love some critical feedback.

Tony:p

post-32199-133877725158_thumb.jpg

Great shot. Try taking video with Liveview and then Registax software will pick the frames most in focus and stack them. The results should be better and you don't have to fight focus with due to the atmosphere.

You have just opened my eyes to the possibilities of video on my 40d! Thanks for the advice I look forward to trying it out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

No problem - Backyard EOS will do all the hard work for you. There are some settings you need to adjust on your camera so you can also change exposure of the live view video. I don't recall off the top of my head what it is but if you get stuck and find you can't alter the exposure or its not doing anything just just PM me.

nice moon image,for me its a little bright,try slow in the speed down,i find its easier to lighten a dark image,you could try pick in one spot on the moon and take about 30/40 shots and stack them with registax,

try a lower speed 200ths of a sec and iso 100 is there abouts for me here with the 300p its a bit trail and error,

the image you have is great

Great picture. I tried to get some shots tonight but mine were slightly out of focus.

With regards to the brightness of the right hand side of the shot, try converting the image to negative, the detail is incredible :D

Derek

Archived