sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

Here´s a mosaic of 2 shots of the Orion region, taken with EOS 450D modded, ISO 800 and using a Zeiss Planar T* 1,7/50mm lens, stopped down to f2.8. No darks, no flats.

Unfortunately incoming mists and high humidity caused a lot of problems, as can be seen at Rigel and Beteigeuze, anyway for my first try on Barnard´s Loop, I´m quite happy.

Every shot is a stack of 12x90sec, oriented that way, that Barnard´s Loop was recorded in every part of the 2 shots (one right handed, one left handed) and so finally the Loop got 24x90sec of exposure. The Rosette Nebula also comes out pretty bright, and even tiny Sh2-280 just below is also visible.

I hope you like it too.

always clear skies,

Wolfgang

Edited by Bodi

Wonder if Betelgeuse will look like that to the naked eye when it goes super nova.

that is a wonderful image tons and tons of detail in there that is pretty dang impressive. BTW what are you using to get the long exposure times?

Edited by gdheib0430

The shots are taken with my Astrotrac - I forgott to mention.

For those short focal length, it is working very fine, if you have done your polar alignment well :-)) and possibly (not tested myself yet) it may be used up to 200mm and 5min exposures....

Anyway, 90 sec is not a along exposure, and so easier to handle and it´s important to take a lot of single frames and then stack them.

see ya and thanks a lot for your comments.

Wolfgang