SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

10mm Axiom LX

Anweniel

Having previously posted about my 7mm Axiom LX heres my latest purchase - the 10mm Axiom LX.

A few things promted to me to buy this eyepiece:

i) was thoroughly delighted with the views from the 7mm

ii) impressed with the general quality both build and optically

iii) news that Celestron prices are set to rise

iv) current 10mm stock eyepiece is popular in my focuser :icon_salut:

v) found a very tempting price tag for a premium EP

It may not seem the obvious choice when there is already a 7mm EP in the case but coupled with the reasons above and the fact that from experience with the plossls I had often swapped between the 6mm and 10mm particuarly as the 6mm sat in the barlow often (when seeing permitted the mag).

As the 10mm was still getting a lot of use I felt eventually a replacement 10mm would be on the cards at some point and so I have now given in to my desire to do so.

I also found when using the barlow that the 10mm was much easier on bright objects than the 6mm, probably because I was really pushing the visual limits of the scope at effectively a 3mm FL.

Another + for the 10mm plossl over the 6mm was the open aperture is significantly larger making viewing a lot less strain (no squinting through essentially a pin-*****!) and hopefully my pics will show the axiom is even more generous than the plossl.

I am quite excited to get some clear viewing with the EP on the scope and I will report back when I have doen so.

Here are some pics for comparison with the 10mm plossl that came free with the Skywatcher scope.

post-28107-133877723652_thumb.jpg

post-28107-133877723659_thumb.jpg

Have in mind to purchase the longer FL Axiom but its a bit of a bank (and probably back!) breaker :icon_salut::evil: So one for the future

PS have to say for a freebie the 10mm SW plossl is pretty good and I spent a lot of time at this EP

Archived