Hello from Birmingham

White230

Hi,

I'm based in South Birmingham. I've always taken an interest in the night sky. I've been reading up on the subject (There is so much to learn). I'll be popping along to Bromsgrove Astronomical Society's next meeting to see what it's all about.

I found my first constellation, The Plough, The other morning coming home from work at 5am and it was magical. I'm on the edge of Worcestershire so I do have quite a dark sky.

I've always looked up but never really understood the commotion until reading a book called Simple Stargazing. It brought a smile to my face watching it shine down and would really like to get into this fascinating hobby.

Chris

Welcome to the lounge, there is a wealth of information availble in here and a wealth of very knowledgable members to help you out.

If you have access to a PC or laptop there is some great software out there to help you learn your way around the sky. I'm sure many will pipe up with the names of the different software out there :icon_salut:

Let's hope for dark skies and good viewing for all

Many thanks everyone.

Enjoy Chris... Rubery is the place bloke.. however, a dark site it isn't! Enjoy this great pastime there is loads of advise on this forum.

I'm in Rednal :icon_salut:

Welcome Chris.....if you have a PC....download STELLARIUM (free). If you have an iPad......STAR MAP( about £1.99)

Many thanks. I've downloaded STELLARIUM, It's a great piece of free software.

Archived