Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

petere001

out and about early..

Clear skies here in Lowestoft so looks like im going out in my back garden with my new bino's (Olympus 10x50 DPS I) and my iPhone with stellarium and give them a good testing :icon_salut:

does anyone know if there were any satalites over head west ish from my location (lowestoft) because i see 2 moving "objects" (not planes) one was heading north and the other was heading south. Was just wondering as i dont know what they are and have no idea on where to look for where the satalites are..

Anyone have any websites or anything to be able to track as to where these are at all please?

Hi.

I don't know about the Iphone app but the pc version has satellites tracking on it. There is a satellite icon on the bottom tool bar, you just select it & away you go.

Jeff

nice to hear people getting clear skies :-)

on other news i dont think they were satalites not according to stellarium so back to looking at what i can find.. :-)

OK i really feel stupid now...

Checked stellarium looked at the satalites BUT... didnt change the location it was set to Paris France and not Lowestoft UK i now feel really small and stupid..

On earlier news it was Koronas-Foton satalite i saw for sure but cant remember the other one Int-something so i was not seeing things so that part im happy about :-)