Can you get SCT extensions?

I have a 55mm extension tube, but it is a 2" push fit. That means that I need to convert my SCT thread on my focuser to a 2" via an adaptor, which I think may be the weakest link within my imaging train.

So, can I get a 55mm extension that has a femal SCT thread on one end and a male SCT on the other end? That way I avoid adaptors and everything is screw in - Which I like!!

Hope someone can point me in the right direction!

I've been looking for the same thing, but have not been able to find any SCT extenders.

I've been using a Baader SCT-T2 adaptor, and then some T2 extenders to do what I want. It works fine, but it can probably cause some vignetting due to lower diameter of the T2 thread. (I've been using it for a planetary image train, so it hasn't been an issue there.

There is also the Hotech 2"-T2 adaptor, which locks itself very well into a 2" insert by using rubber expansion rings. For an adaptor, it does cost quite a bit.

But if someone can point to an SCT extender, I would be quite interested.

/HTJ

I know the kind of thing you mean and I do have one. It was a freebie from Ian King when I bought my first complete CCD setup from him some years ago and he threw it into the box knowing I'd need it to use the WIlliam Optics ZS66 which has an SCT back for some reason. He sold plenty of ZS66s and the new R and P WO70 seems similar so he or FLO can probably help.

Olly

Archived