Skymax 127 SynScan AZ GOTO setting up

hi guys, i'm a total newbie to all this ,but i was wondering if anybody has any advice with setting up of this scope...from finding out my latitude and longitude and entering the right settings into my synscan hand set to get this aligned properly...this is my first post so please be gentle wit me...thanks in advance :icon_salut:

I recommend this site Lat - Long Finder: This page helps you find Latitude and Longitude. Enter your town in the box on the right hand side of the page and the map will centre on that. You can then move the map around until you find your observing site / garden. The coordinates you need are the ones in degrees and minutes not the decimal version. The numbers you enter into the handset will be something like 001 29W, 52 55N (centre of Derby).

Peter

hello and welcome. The thing that helped me the most was this vid

on youtube if it doeswnt work a quick search for -"demonstrating the Skywatcher synscan goto mount should point u in the right direction. Otherwise my thread on here got a lot of useful advice (Setting up AZ Goto mount, Co-ordinates?) if you can find it.

Good luck with your ~Skywatching. :icon_salut:

Archived