Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Happy Return

christo

Hi all,

I've been registered on the forum for some time but only made a few post before being 'sucked' into another forum which has frankly gone to the dogs. Therefore I have decided to seek some intelligent company and happily find myself here. I'm living in Durham (although originally from Northampton) in a site with very little light pollution, although of late a great deal of cloud! I have a 8 inch Celestron reflector on an CG5 German Equatorial goto mount and love it. I would certainly put myself in the keen amateur category and wonder in amazement when I'll be able to achieve some of the wonderful imaging results that some of you guys achieve. I've been seriously into astronomy for around 18 months and have completed a few courses in that time (from Univ. of Manchester, Open Univ. and Liverpool John Moores Univ.) which I would really recommend.

Anyway enough of me going on. I really look forward to speaking to all of you very soon.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris, really nice see you over here.

I came over in February, and its certainly a bit more 'grown up' than the other one :)

I still visit, as like you, I was one of the very early members, but SGL is a much nicer place.

Dave (different 'user name' here, but I'm sure you'll work it out :))

Archived