Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horse & Orion Nebula widefield

Aggelos Kechagias

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I n s a n e l y good! Jaw dropping to say the least. Out of curiosity, did you add the diffraction spikes? I had a look on your web site too and it's phenomenal work you do.

I really wonder why I bother imaging now haha :-)

Stunning image. My only criticism would be (looking at the high res version) is that some areas - M42 & the Horsehead, for instance, appear wonderfully crisp. But other areas are lacking the same level of detail. I'm assuming you have used extra data in the high interest areas. Nonetheless a cracking overall result.

I downloaded your image and showed it to my band members (not stargazers)

They were truely staggered at the image, the detail, and how far they could zoom in without loosing quality. It changed the entire night, with the main topic - SPACE.

:icon_salut:

THANK YOU SO MUCH AND WELL DONE IT IS THE BEST I HAVE SEEN OF THIS REGION!

Thank you all guys.

Yes i admit it tonofbricks.gif i find it over-processed too scratchhead2.gif

About halos....

Don't forget that fs60 it's not an apochromatic refractor (maybe a little better that fpl-51 ed's).

I forgot to say that i have use some extra data from last year (Ha with ed65quad).

For dif.spikes i'm using carboni's starspikes pro .

Anyway thanx again for your so kind comments cool.gif

p.s. @ themos This is the 14" orion uk newtonian on my old neq6 (I'm shooting planet mars with qhy5).About rc i will have some good results soon :icon_salut:

Thaaaaank you sooo much guys :D

I do not care about apod. I have doing this only for hobby.

In my country we have our astro forum called Astrovox .We have created a small team called A.V.A.T (Astrovox Astrophotography Team) and we making tutorials for many things around astrophotography. Our target is to help anyone who want to follow this wonderfull hobby .

This is important to me not the apod :(

.................................................... ............................................................................................................... ........................................................................that's a stunned silence while admiring a truly fabulous image.

Thanks for sharing

Steve

Excellent doesn't even begin to describe this image....not only beautifully captured and processed, but superb composition.

It would look perfectly in place at a very large scale on a wall in a major art gallery :)

What were the skies like at the site this was imaged?

Cheers

Rob

Archived