Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

PRG

UK goverment anti light pollution e-petition

signed - needed a mention on Stargazing Live really. Maybe next year.......

Edited by laser_jock99

Signed - I'm number 778 so there's a long way to go to reach the 100,000 needed before the government looks at it. Now, if Brian Cox has mentioned it on Stargazing Live they'd be debating it tomorrow :)

Signed, and also recieved this morning a letter from our council saying they will be cutting street lighting by 50% in the next few weeks :)

needed a mention on Stargazing Live really.

These petitions run for a year, so it was put on there last Wednesday, which was a little late for Stargazing Live ...

My suspicion is that it was put on there as a result of that prog

Signed it...but to echo others, it does come across a bit hippyish and emotional. I think for it really to take off it has to be about the economic factor with the added bonus we'll have clearer skies...

Signed, and will ask friends/family to do the same. :)

Edit - also done my bit by NOT reporting the broken streetlight outside my house to the council.....(just hope my car doesn't get broken into as a result)!!!

Edited by Den_Perry

I'm currently drawing up a letter on the topic of Light Pollution and the economic and environmental impacts it has to send to my district council and MP, who just happens to be Mr Cameron. Would anybody like to suggest anything I should include on the subject, or know of sites where I can reference the facts.

If others would find it useful, I could upload it here for download and sending to your council.

cheers, Si

Edited by c3po

Just seen an ad for the alan titchmarsh show tomorrow, brian may is going to be a guest and will be discussing environment protection, i wonder if he will plug this on the show?

Be nice (and useful) i think

Just seen an ad for the alan titchmarsh show tomorrow, brian may is going to be a guest and will be discussing environment protection, i wonder if he will plug this on the show?

Be nice (and useful) i think

There must be enough of us on here to push the numbers up quite well.

I reckon I will get about 50 people to sign up.