Hi from Derbyshire

BigMG5

Just a quick post to say Hi to everyone. I have been star gazing for about 2 or 3 years with a 90mm refractor on a goto mount with little success. After managing to trash the focuser I have invested in a Skywatcher Explorer 150P (no motors yet...) and am now having to learn how to navigate the night skys (rather than select random names from a list on the handset!). So I probably count as an absolute beginner.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Big MG5

A warm welcome to the SGL, Im sure you are getting better view now the 150P

is so much better

Have you joined a club ?

you should you will be able to go to dark sites with them

there you should pick up lots of things to help you

clear skies

Doug

Thanks for the replies - very friendly bunch around here!

The 150P is a real br of fresh air - the best bit being that the focuser is smooth (unlike its predecessor). I have managed a few good views of Jupiter (despite having a street light just the other side of the back fence!).

My next stop on the forum is the East Midlands section.

And I haven't yet joined a club but am looking at the White Peak group (a few miles travel but more chance of dark skies)

Hi and welcome. I started back into the hobby after years away with goto, I got shut after 3 months, I thought it was a bit of a toy to be honest once the novelty wore off.

BTW I am orginally from the white peak area between Macclesfield and Buxton where is the club based, Matlock/Bakewell?

Archived