Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging source camera - new versions

Sammyb

Hello all - I was wondering about the new Imaging Source cameras. I was looking at getting one a while ago but there was talk of updating the chip so I thought I would wait.

I see now FLO is selling them.

Has anyone any experience with the updated versions? Are they an improvement - they are £75 extra.

Cheers,

Sam

I'll be having a filter wheel for my DSO imaging and I see some use the mono version with filters for planetary. Is this better than using a colour camera? There will be no cost difference for me but would want to get the best camera for the job. Of course, I could use the mono one for the brighter DSOs too.

Is this better than using a colour camera?

It can be if you want to process more stuff :icon_salut: It allows you to use easily more filters including broad filters for luminance, or specific like UV filters for Venus, methane band on Jupiter and Saturn. Simple R,G,B imaging may also help limit atmospheric dispersion by refocusing for each channel... and more. Definitely more work :evil:

It can be if you want to process more stuff :evil: It allows you to use easily more filters including broad filters for luminance, or specific like UV filters for Venus, methane band on Jupiter and Saturn. Simple R,G,B imaging may also help limit atmospheric dispersion by refocusing for each channel... and more. Definitely more work :D
Thank you :icon_salut:

• 1 month later...

Hi all, sorry to bump an old thread but I have read a couple of things recently about the IS cameras that say they don't come into focus with the skywatcher focuser and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this?

I want to know mainly because I now don't know if the focuser that came with my 150PL will have enough travel to bring the DMK to focus.

Hi all, sorry to bump an old thread but I have read a couple of things recently about the IS cameras that say they don't come into focus with the skywatcher focuser and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this?

Old DMK with 150/750 SW Newton did focus but even so I usually used a Barlow 2x or more.

That's what I'd have thought that a barlow would be an easy fix, what I read the guy shortened his dobsonian by an inch because the focuser didn't have enough 'rack in' which I suppose is simple enough if you can do it but it' not as easy to do with my scope.

Archived