SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Timelapse wide shot of orion.

Hey guys and gals, sorry for the long absence, once again life got in the way of hobby :)

Last night I happened to spot how incredibly clear it was here in Londinium. I knew I didnt have much time before having to retire so I grabbed my dslr, rested it on some books pointing out my open bathroom window and left it taking shots every 30 seconds. After an hour or so I popped in to see how it was doing and was pretty pleased so I took a bit more care with the focus and exposure and repositioned for when orion emerges from behind the flats again.The result was even better. I joined them together and this is the result :-

Timelapse of orions belt and sword passing over the flats at the end of my garden. - YouTube

This is my second ever timelapse so over all I am pretty pleased with it !

It was using a canon 550d with a kit lens, exposure of 7 seconds or so. 800 ISO. I couldnt go wider because of the window frame :)

Archived