Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Retrofit of "go to" to EQ5

Pollux

Hi guys,

Anybody got any experiences of fitting aftermarket "go to" systems to an EQ5 mount?

Your recommendations, problems etc please...

I'm looking at the FLO £290 kit to fit my EQ5/SkyWatcher200

Your thoughts and or comments greatly appreciated.

...Mark

I haven't use the synscan GOTO, but I think the Skywatcher upgrade kit is the same as ones they fit to their EQ5 GOTO. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't fit. It should be no more than doing a few bolts and attaching a gear on the worm shaft of each axis.

I had a Vixen SBS on my EQ4 before I upgraded to a GPDX.

http://stargazerslounge.com/discussions-mounts/139444-synscan-pro-goto-version-3-upgrade-kit-eq5.html

This makes it look pretty straightforward - I'm considering one of these kits for my Vixen GP mount.

:):D:D

MANY thanks!!! EXACTLY what I was looking for... THANK YOU...

If you do yours before me, let me know how you get on - I'll do the same...

Kindest,

Mark

The one pitfall seems to be attaching the correct gears to the drive shafts and in the correct order. Get this wrong and the mount will slew all over the place.

Peter

:)

Aaaaaaaagh - just as I thought it was going to be 'a doddle'

Should have known better really...

I got the kit last year, fitted in no more than half an hour, never looked back.

Well worth the investment. Got the 200p mounted upon it and it has no trouble.

Hope this helps.......

Ian

:):D:D

...that's what I like to hear!

Thanks Ian

...M

Sorry Peter, I don't know if the design has ever been updated but the upgrade kit I fitted last year just won't fit on the EQ5 the wrong way round, its physically impossible, don't know about on an EQ3 ( its the same kit ), but to fit it on the EQ5 the wrong way round you'ld have to drill new mounting holes into the motor housing bodies.......

Ian

Archived