SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sky at Night not available on iplayer

Rob1961

Just been to the BBC iplayer. It says this months edition is available for another 27 days but when try to stream or download a pop-up appears saying it is not available and programmes are only available for a limited time. Just sent an e-mail of complaint into the BBC

I think you have to wait until all the repeats have been shown on BBC2 and BBC4 then it comes on the iplayer.

It's a real shame. A few years ago before iPlayer the Sky At Night website had the last few years worth of programs all happily listed so that you could see them. I am forever missing the program as Sky plus is not very good at picking it up!

I've got BT Vision and it has a habit of thinking too much and noticing the BBC4 one is longer and recording both despite me only recording the BBC4 showing. It obviously understands that I want one of every episode and thinks since they're a different length they're different.

It sounds like I'm moaning over nothing but many times I've ended up watching the shorter one by mistake.

I've got BT Vision and it has a habit of thinking too much and noticing the BBC4 one is longer and recording both despite me only recording the BBC4 showing. It obviously understands that I want one of every episode and thinks since they're a different length they're different.

It sounds like I'm moaning over nothing but many times I've ended up watching the shorter one by mistake.

As they are different they will have a different "program code" embedded in them so it's just doing what it is designed to do :)

As they are different they will have a different "program code" embedded in them so it's just doing what it is designed to do :)

Ah!

It's pretty clever. I got a new unit for when they did a firmware upgrade the old one couldn't take and was surprised to see that it had uploaded my recording preferences and downloaded them to the new unit so it started recording a programme I'd forgotten about. The BT hub is rubbish but the telly box is excellent.

It is very frustrating here in wales as we often have to wait another 30 to 60 minutes later than the rest of the UK to see the S@N program. BBC wales often put some parochial local program on before hand.

If you are on Sky or freesat, you can select a different region from your local Welsh broadcasts :), sorry this option is not available on freeview:(

• 1 year later...

An old thread I know but I'm a little miffed that I can't watch last night's Sky at Night - Stunning Saturn on iplayer. I had to get to bed and I don't have a tv recorder. Does anyone know of another way to watch this one?

I know, I know, I can just get me 'scope out! :smiley:

Thank you

It is very frustrating here in wales as we often have to wait another 30 to 60 minutes later than the rest of the UK to see the S@N program. BBC wales often put some parochial local program on before hand.

if you have sky bbc1 England(London) is on channel 954 bbc2 England is 969 .

I had quite a few old Sky at Nights and special BBC astro prog's on video but my wife binned them all when she turned out the sideboard while I was at work, cos "they were old" :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Dave

I am forever missing the program as Sky plus is not very good at picking it up!

Mine is like that and I keep blaming the kids for deleting the entry in the planner. :grin:

Seriously it seems to record 2 episodes and then just forgets recording them again and by the time I think when is it on I have missed it and have try and use the awful sky search screen to seach for in in catchup/On Demand.

As a side not other programmes also seem to do this on both my Sky+ HD boxes and the series link just drops off halfway through a series and I end up missing loads of stuff.

Mine is like that and I keep blaming the kids for deleting the entry in the planner. :grin:

Seriously it seems to record 2 episodes and then just forgets recording them again and by the time I think when is it on I have missed it and have try and use the awful sky search screen to seach for in in catchup/On Demand.

As a side not other programmes also seem to do this on both my Sky+ HD boxes and the series link just drops off halfway through a series and I end up missing loads of stuff.

Yup I noticed this with S@N series link when I upgraded to the Sky HD box about 3 or so years ago. Old one was fine. recently a few of the weeklys started dropping off.. Game of Thrones was the last one... Really annoying

No idea why the Beeb don't let you watch every archive they have. They do for some programs.

I am sure I have read/hear somewhere that the BBC will be putting their entire archive on iPlayer in the (hopefully near) future.

On the same subject, I used to have Virgin Media but had to change to Sky when I moved house. I am sure that VM definitely seemed to have a more comprehensive amaount of content on their iPlayer service compared to Sky. I don't know if anyone else can vouch for that though.

Having said that, Sky at Night doesnt even show up on the iPlayer website!

Archived