Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where to sell astro gear?

Sammyb

Hello - can anyone advise the best kind of place/forum/website to be selling astronomy equipment now that the SGL sale site is no more?

I sold an EQ5 mount on eBay a while back but I wondered if there is a better place for selling?

Thanks,

Sam

Thanks Chaps. Very helpful.

Gaz - what do you mean by "PayPal as gift" can go wrong.

Sam

If you use the "gift" option you don't get the Paypal buyers protection I believe. Not having ever had cause to use it, I don't know if that is a great loss or not.

I've bought and sold loads of times on UK Astro Buy & Sell without problem.

Exactly what John said. Iv never had a problem with Ab&s but I sent money once as agift for a mobile phone (htc advantage x7500) and phone never turned up and I lost an PayPal couldn't help because the money had even gifted not used to buy "goods" but I would imagine that it would be fine. I always do a search for the user see what else they have sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can't say i like to hear the words send as gift, always makes me back away.

once bitten twice shy as they say, but nothing to do with Astro gear, and most folk spending this kind of money seem quite mature and genuine. means nothing in this day and age though....

Money sent as a gift avoids the usual fees....I've done it before without any problems. If the person you are buying from has a bit pedigree then it will probably be fine, however if it's to Tokyo Joe in Unit 5,Hong Kong Quayside then you could be heading for trouble....

This is just meant for example.....

If a person really does exist called Tokyo Joe and works at that address then I apologise, a bit more local might mean a bit more reliable.

Money sent as a gift avoids the usual fees....I've done it before without any problems. If the person you are buying from has a bit pedigree then it will probably be fine, however if it's to Tokyo Joe in Unit 5,Hong Kong Quayside then you could be heading for trouble....

This is just meant for example.....

If a person really does exist called Tokyo Joe and works at that address then I apologise, a bit more local might mean a bit more reliable.

Unlikely as Tokyo Joe probably lives and works in Japan :icon_salut: (however your comment did make me laugh)..

Archived