Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

picture file sizes

There are a couple of ways to go about this. One, if you use Photoshop Elements, you can "Export to the Web" which will create a compressed Jpeg image that is much smaller than the original file.

Another way is to use "Dropbox" and place the files in a sub-folder in the "Public" folder. Then you create a link to the sub-folder and publish the URL to the link. How to go about this is covered in the users guide to the program.

There may be other programs beside these two that will either create compressed or linked files for you, but these are the ones that I use. Good luck !

Jim S.

If you search Google for free image resizing software, there's plenty out there that will resize, and also convert file types.

Once I've stacked my subs, they are saved as an uncompressed Tiff file which is approx. 90mb in size, and during processing I work with uncompressed tiff files. When I've finished, I save a copy as a jpg to post on here which will be about 1mb file size.

Regards

John

Archived