sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

2" Dielectric Diagonal with SCT Adaptor

Is the William Optics the only 2" Dielectric Diagonal with SCT Adaptor available? I know I can buy a SCT Adaptor separately, but I think buying in a set would be less expensive and guaranteed to be compatible with the diagonal. Are there any other choices available?

• 2 weeks later...
What I did was buy one of these SCT to 2" adapters - First Light Optics - Baader SCT to 2-inch adapter - then I could buy any standard 2" push fit accessory.

I just fitted the adapter onto the back of the SCT and never looked back :)

I'm looking at buying a C9.25 SCT, but first I've been trying to establish if the standard 1.25" eyepieces can be changed to wider field view 2" eyepieces?

Also, if I do change to 2", will I actually get a wider field view?

Can I assume from the fact that these adapters exist, that they do actually work? :)

I'm looking at buying a C9.25 SCT, but first I've been trying to establish if the standard 1.25" eyepieces can be changed to wider field view 2" eyepieces?

Also, if I do change to 2", will I actually get a wider field view?

Can I assume from the fact that these adapters exist, that they do actually work? :)

You can use 2" eyepieces in C925 and you can get wider true FOV. However, you will need a 2" visual back or a SCT diagonal. The scope only comes with a 1.25" visual back.

Not sure if the stock 1.25" diagonal is up to much, but I've been looking at a better 2" diagonal with SCT adapter built in like enigma mentioned. But I only have cats :)

Edited by Dunkster
  • 5 years later...

You'll need an adapter of 2" nosepiece with male SC thread on the other end, like this one

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p4635_Baader--19-Adapter-from-2--to-SC---SC-Accessories-to-2-.html

Or, if you have plan to buy a dob which might need an extension, then you can as well spend a little more to get this clicklock extension:

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p2433_Baader-2--Verlaengerung---47mm-Laenge---KlickLock-Klemmung.html
The nosepiece can be unscrewed, and it has the same SC thread.