SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A mellon and three satsumas.

Out in the garden again last night! Two nights on the trot! Hard to believe I know but true!

After a few enjoyable hours thought I'd have one last look at Jupiter before going to bed. Panic!!

Suddenly realised that Io was about to be occulted! Rushed indoors,fumbled around in the dark

trying not to tread on the dog or break anything whilst gathering the 350D,T-ring,adapter and the

first EP that came to hand. Rushed outside stuck it all together, focused as best one can through

the viewfinder and Yes...still got time for a quick shot. Rushed indoors again, forgotten the damn

remote release, trod on dog, but found release! (N.B. Must get organized...one day) Rushed out

again and image is still focused in FOV! Take pic and then realise I have no idea what the settings

were other than camera was on manual! Huh..imaging is it worth it?

Anyway this was the result. Looks like a collection of not quite ripe fruit and those girls of Jupiter

need to go on a diet! :)

You ought to rush all your imaging sessions CW. That is a splendid effort, considering Jupiter is barely above treetop height.

You have succeeded geting a good pic. but don't be surprised if the dog's left home. :)

Ron. :)

have to say that is a great image under the circumstances well done.

Why don't you train the dog up to be an "auto-guide" dog and connect him to your scope with a "dog"-tail bar, the necessary counterbalance weights will of course depend on your own breed.

I find the corgi a great compromise between compactness and reliability. :)

don't be surprised if the dog's left home. :)

Ron. :D

I should be so lucky!

The dog will get you back, one day you'll put your shoes on and they will be filled with drool :o

Done that!

Poor dog! Caz

Poor dog! Are you mad! She gets better treatment than I do! I'm the one who's usually in the dog house!

have to say that is a great image under the circumstances well done.

Why don't you train the dog up to be an "auto-guide" dog and connect him to your scope with a "dog"-tail bar, the necessary counterbalance weights will of course depend on your own breed.

I find the corgi a great compromise between compactness and reliability. :)

Tried that. Worked fine till a cat came into the garden! Never mind I wanted a new scope anyway!!

Thanks for the laudation guys, though not deserved. :) I'm going to try and tidy it up and will

post result.

Cheers,CW

The girls have lost weight,been defuzzed and the big guy has stopped blushing,well almost.

Does this image look better,it's nearer the EP view, or should I have stuck with the five pieces

of fruit, the healthy option?

Good stuff! Depeche photo, eh? That's about what I saw last night, although my memory has Io on the other side of Jupiter. Hmmm, maybe it was, becausse I would be looking at it 5 hours later than you. It's only about 25 degrees up just now, so I run into the usual atmospheiric problems.

Good stuff! Depeche photo, eh? That's about what I saw last night, although my memory has Io on the other side of Jupiter. Hmmm, maybe it was, becausse I would be looking at it 5 hours later than you. It's only about 25 degrees up just now, so I run into the usual atmospheiric problems.

Sounds about right,allowing for time zone difference. The EP view was reversed in my case as I was using a refractor but the DSLR flips it back.

CW

Archived