Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Advice re first scope

I am negotiating on a possible deal for the following......

Sky-Watcher Skymax 180 Pro Optical Tube Assembly

standard eye pieces (think these are the 2,5,15&20 that EVL give but waiting a reply)

2" ED barlow

2" ED AERO 40mm

2" ED AERO 30mm

skywatcher torch

Dew shield

some 1 1/4" and some 2" filters

XL Greys platinum holdall

NEQ6( as EQ6 pro) pro tripod with Synscan hand controller with goto

NO Power supply

I don't as yet have full details for example which version of the NEQ6 and whether there is the addition of the goto stuff etc

The stuff has only been used a couple of times and the person is selling due to light pollution from a neighbour. Just wondering if I can get some advice from people as to what I need to be asking. He says it cost £2200 and values it at £1100. I'm hoping for a swap for a load of photography kit....

Hi Cowasaki, Thats looks like you've got yourself a very good deal there, well done.... :)....

It's a fair deal as the kit for the swap is worth the same amount. I just don't know what I'm looking at yet. I have met the chap before so I am happy with it working etc. I understand that it is more aimed at planetary and moon rather than deep space but I had a budget of £2000 so I can always change the scope later and let the kids use this one (well they are adults rather than kids). The quality eye pieces are decent.

There are a load of other bits and pieces with it too that I don't even know what they are like two dovetail brackets ? and some other stuff :)

So all I need is a power supply (he used his wife's tyre inflator apparently).

Then the stuff to attach my camera

Very nice visual system for the moon and planets, and with a high frame rate camera a very good lunar planetary imaging platform.

A long way short of ideal with a DSLR though unless the moon is your only interest.

To be honest the swap made sense for the HEQ6 and the eye pieces plus the other gubbins.

I plan to buy a 200p or 250p in a couple of months plus a cheaper mount and stick the 180 on the cheap mount so the kids can be out looking at stars at the same time or I can be looking at planet/moon whilst the camera is taking shots.

Archived