SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Golly Gosh i Am Vexed

Duns

Scope out a 18.00 hrs to cool the sky was as clear as a bell- get a spot of dinner and a planned 2 hrs observing before back in to watch Birdsong (Though I'm sure it won't be anywhere near as good as the book)

Boots, jacket and hat on -step outside and ----- its clouded over and no sign of it clearing. Vexed is a very polite way of expressing how I feel at the moment:mad:

Was fantastic here in Suffolk until both neighbors decided to light up their gardens:mad:.

Have now had to retreat back up the garden to the shelter of my house, except I cant see M31, M110 from there, which was the purpose of tonights session.

Ah well I should be grateful I've still got southerly views.

I had been keeping an eye on the forecast all day and everyone predicted clear at about 18:00 so I popped a scope out to cool with a view to doing nothing more than a star test.

Mount out and aligned at around 19:00, nice clears skies. Then clouds.....

The forecasts then decided it would be clear at 21:00 so I persevered.

By about 22:30 still cloudy so went to bed. What a winter..... :)

It's a good forecast for many places tonight... fingers crossed :)

This winter is proving to be far better than last winter, at least for me. I think I got 2 nights in last winter. Already had 10 or so, so far this winter, a couple of those really good.

Scope out a 18.00 hrs to cool the sky was as clear as a bell- get a spot of dinner and a planned 2 hrs observing before back in to watch Birdsong (Though I'm sure it won't be anywhere near as good as the book)

Boots, jacket and hat on -step outside and ----- its clouded over and no sign of it clearing. Vexed is a very polite way of expressing how I feel at the moment:mad:

Yep had the same problem just up the road from you. And what made it even worse was after admitting defeat and packing everything up at 9pm, sure enough a short while after it cleared up. :)

Currently another clear night forecasted tonight but won't hold my breath.

Hi Todd

I found the x-cel lx a huge improvement over the EPs supplied with the scope - but I'm fairly new to all this. The reason I chose this EP over another was the good reports on this forum regarding the x-cel lx from very experienced and knowledgable people. Thought it was a safe bet and was not disappointed. Hope you find it meets your expectations.

Hi Todd

I found the x-cel lx a huge improvement over the EPs supplied

hi and thanks i have a few eps in my collection and my uncle as said he will get me one or give me the cash to,any help is welcome of any one whether you`ve been at it years, or days all info is welcome thanks

clear skies

Archived