Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Tinker1947

Stellarium/Telrad

There are at least two ways to show a Telrad sight in Stellarium.

The Oculars plug-in can show one in the centre of the screen.

The Telescope Control allows you to add field-of-view circles around telescope reticles. Just start a "virtual telescope" and add FOV circles with sizes 0.5, 2 and 4. You can also hide the reticle if it interferes with the innermost circle.

Ctrl+B brings up a Telrad reticule in the normal sky view.

Does that still work in the newest version? I've got half a memory that some of the Ctrl keys were moved and the Telrad was now under the Alt-O menu?

I could be making this up :)

Edited by Stephen

Niether the Ctrl+B or the Alt-O work for me, i have just re-installed due to the program locking up. So not sure if there will be bits missing, it tells me all the updates are in place.

Thanks for that, didn't know it was possible!

Just tried Alt-O on mine and it works.

Alt then o . Select telrad. What a great programe .

I just added a 2nd base unit to my Tube (either side of the focuser) so when i spin the reflector and the Telrad would end up underneath, i move to the other base this being placed so the unit does not need realigning, now that was a bit of luck only one attempt..:))

Edited by Tinker1947

I use Cartes du Ciel which lets me create any number of Telrad circles & position them where ever I want. I find this very useful for printing off charts when I'm planning an evening's viewing.

Am using the latest version, 0.11.1, and none of the ALT/CTRL + O options seem to work.

Am especially looking for the Telrad, but this too fails.

I have the Occular Plugin- configured with some EPs and my SW200P. I can launch Occular view by pressing the toolbar button - that's it!

Any ideas?

i use alt + o then the options pop up ( next eyepiece, choose eyepiece, and one says toggle telrad ) that how i get it. but ive had loads of hassle in the past getting plugins options right.

Perhaps it is a bug in the latest version?

What version is everybody running - with or without Occular settings working correctly?

(Version flags on startup or click on Help > About)

Well i can't find the Telrad all i get is a round circle using "Cntrl O" and this gives a extra icon in the tool bar a round circle which returns the screen to the normal view...Version 0.11.0

I'm running 0.11.1 can get the occular view to come up by pressing Ctrl o, Alt o doesnt seem to do anything, but with stellarium running in a windowed mode Alt o does bring up the menu for telrad etc so you can toggle the telrad circles on

Paul F

I run Stellarium in a Windows Mode F11, and everything works my preset EP sizes and the Telrad circles....so pleased....