SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Widefield Scope

Apologies for the cloud wind and rain. It's all my fault!

The solution to my widefield yearnings was purchased today. I decided that rather than add to the CPC it would be better to have something independent and as widefield was what I was after I could do without goto which would help my knowledge of the sky and give me a more portable scope than the CPC.

My new Ascension 102ED Triplet APO and EQ5

874fed93.jpg

Very nice, i'm looking into a triplet APO and need to work out how far i go, the buget is open to interpretation of the word 'expensive' but must include a mount capable of imaging. I intend to dump the 8" lx200 and mount the 12" for the next 12-24 months while i save and learn more about what APO i would work best with, have just refused a AP1200 as i truly want a triplet for picture work. i hope you get on well with this and will be keeping an eye on what you think to it as you progress with the using of it.

Clear Skies.

WOW! There has been a long enough break in the cloud to have a quick look through my new scope and I am more than happy :) Stars are pin perfect, Jupiter looked fabulous and I've seen The Pleiades in one field of view. Not bad for a cloudy, windy and miserable evening...

Dave

WOW! There has been a long enough break in the cloud to have a quick look through my new scope and I am more than happy :) Stars are pin perfect, Jupiter looked fabulous and I've seen The Pleiades in one field of view. Not bad for a cloudy, windy and miserable evening...

Dave

Archived