SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Brian Cox syndrome! Retailers gone off the grid!

Specman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that, some anonomous character saying members who post anything negative about FLO risk being banned from SGL :)

That is of course nonsense! FLO is SGL's sponsor, we do not own SGL. We do occasionally fail and when we do it generates compaints from members here on SGL. The members are not banned and the posts are still here for all to see. I am painfully aware of each and every one of them :D

Hope that helps,

Steve

I never doubted it for a second, I rather had to hold my tongue and not reply.

with 3.5 million unemployed surely your not short of your pick of staff to handle enquiries.

The problem is that this is a short term issue and taking someone on just for a few weeks and having to train them is going to take out one of the trained staff. If the "trainee" just answers the phone and takes numbers then when is there going to be someone free to ring them back!

To set the record straight (as there is a lot of assuming going on) I made several equiries to various on-line retailers on Thursday & Friday. Of those I contacted both FLO and Modern Astronomy responded promptly, in fact the Astronomik DSLR clip filter I got from Bernard arrived in Saturdays post.

I never mentioned FLO, but I guess the term 'our favourite retailers' got you all jumping to conclusions.

I NEVER name and shame any retailer I'm not happy with. I simply take my money else where and just don't recommend them.

Considering I have purchased ALL my major equipment from FLO, including the Astrotrac I'm waiting for, purchased last week, then clearly its not a problem.

Yes! I also posted on that thread and reading it back I was actually not harsh enough. Complete lack of respect I got there was unbelievable.

I'm totally in favour of naming and shaming. I might even write it in my sig with the other company names they use to get those Watchdog trained alarm bells ringing in the newbies.

Naming and shaming is fine as long as it is factual and not subjective , if it crosses into what the Admins consider potentially libelous then don't be surprised if the posts etc are edited or even removed.

This is the reason for the Supplier Review section as they are normally limited to the Original post so factual threads don't get heated and run off topic.

In levity, there is one dealer (not frequently mentioned here) that has a telephone manner rather akin to Basil Fawlty. Some GREAT (unique) products, but a bit like a "Visit to the Head Master" from back in my grammar school days. Scary! :)

That sounds like a certain telescope vendor not at all far from me :D

James

It's a fair point, to be honest. I mean, who would spend £1m on astronomy kit when you could afford £1.5m?

James

:)

I like your thinking!

I think the missus is being a touch tough, it's actually only £750,000 I need for the scopes, mounts, obsy and CCDs.

I need the other £250,000 for adaptors.

:)

I like your thinking!

I think the missus is being a touch tough, it's actually only £750,000 I need for the scopes, mounts, obsy and CCDs.

I need the other £250,000 for adaptors.

Shhhhhhh keep quiet.....

I told my wife "what could be cheaper than going outside and looking upwards" :)

Archived