Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Zaine UK

Hello From Sidmouth, Devon

Hello all,

Just saying hello. I'm a complete newbie but have always had a big facination with space and spent a lot of time looking at the stars. I used to have a telescope when i was a child and am currently looking to buy a new one. In fact i'm just about to start a thread in the advice forum.

I'm joining the Norman Lockyer Society soon. Very lucky to have something like that on my doorstep.

Regards... Martin

Hi and welcome to SGL - I have found the forum very welcoming and helpful - enjoy:)

Hi and welcome. You are indeed very lucky to have NLO on your doorstep. I was 200 miles from home with work on monday night. I'd slung my scope in the car so decided to pop along. I wish I lived closer, a great bunch and superb spot for observing.

Hi Martin and welcome to the forum. I agree that the Norman Lockyer Observatory is a great resource and they do have a couple of scopes in their possession! :DThere is a fair bit of observing that goes on there so it is certainly worthwhile going along and joining in the fun. I gather that one or two from our sponsors go up there and observe occasionally so you will be expert company.

Clear skies

James

Hi Martin, from a member of the NLO Society, hope to see you at meetings.

Allan