Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

astronomers in Chelmsley Wood, Marston green

relisys

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I lived in Chelmsley Wood before I moved in the late 1980s for Hampshire. The Chelmsley Wood astronomy club used to met at the local library. They seem to have now renamed themselves (https://sites.google.com/site/hoeastro/about-the-hoeas) and meet up near Coleshill.

I left Chelmsley Wood before I attended any meetings and now my interest in Astronomy is surfacing again. Guess what ? you are my first post as well.

Regards

Mark

• 3 months later...
Hi there,

I lived in Chelmsley Wood before I moved in the late 1980s for Hampshire. The Chelmsley Wood astronomy club used to met at the local library. They seem to have now renamed themselves (https://sites.google.com/site/hoeastro/about-the-hoeas) and meet up near Coleshill.

I left Chelmsley Wood before I attended any meetings and now my interest in Astronomy is surfacing again. Guess what ? you are my first post as well.

Regards

Mark

Forgot to mention that another forum member here Dave Evans is from coleshill so just search the forum (Coleshill Astronomy).

Regards

Mark

cheers mark

how the heck do you see anything in marston green it's right next to the airport talk about lp

well il try it out when i get my dob :( see what i can see

• 1 month later...

Hi Relisys,

I'm David Evans. I live in Coleshill just a couple of miles north-east of Chelmsley Wood. I mainly observe the Sun in h-alpha using a 60mm SolarMax front filter and BF30 rear filter attached to an 80mm Vixen F11.4 refractor. I also have an 8" Meade SCT and Celestron 11" Edge HD. The C11 is housed inside a roll-off roof observatory that I built in my garden a few months ago. Delighted if you would like to make contact.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am close to both of you i live in Shard End and work on the Birmingham business park.

I have not seen any groups so this it an interest for me, i do find the light polution a problem but do either of you know any darker areas around?

Archived