Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 7 - BOOKINGS NOW OPEN

daz

After struggling with an unco-operative computer for 2 hours, I've finally managed to book four nights (Wednesday to Sunday). Thanks for your help Daz - I owe you.

Well done Michael - look forward to seeing you there :)

I'd better start polishing up my beer juggling act :)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CAMPING PITCHES WITH EHU ARE NOW SOLD OUT!

There are still spaces with no electric hook up, but there are plenty of people who could offer charging facilities

If you would like to go a reserve list, please email me

That's a fair point... I booked really late last year and still managed to nab one with EHU...

That's because everyone from last year that looked at those with heaters in the tent thought "next year it's electric!".

I've provided charging in the past too. Just don't forget that you will be running the power packs for longer than you probably do normally so make sure the capacity will last. I know at least one person with a 17Ah pack that ran out mid way through the night!

100Ah 12V battery is great for that (20+ hours on a charge, then 20 hours charge at 8Amps!) but also it keeps the entire rig on the ground in the event of wind! Unlike certain tents last year! If you're running an imaging rig with an EQ6 then 50Ah should be plenty!

Im pretty sure that we have the same area as last year.

I would say that the success of the SGL events are the reason why the EHU options sell out first rather than there being a reduction in the number available.

As stated above most people are pretty cool about sharing the ehu to charge up batteries / laptops during the day.

Heating the tent.......you wont be sleeping during the night :):D

Thanks Helen! I will add it to the shopping list :)

have one of these and it's great. It has an integral RCD:

Camping Site Mains Supply Unit - 3 Outlet: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure

If anyone wants to share with me they can. I don't know if this supply unit will take three appliances at once, as I'll be running a laptop as well, so if you share with me it would be best to bring a power pack! I don't want the unit to short out! :)

Alexxx

Just booked in for Thus. to Sun. with caravan and EHU despite the statement that all EHU's are gone! If they have all gone including the hardstandings can someone contact me please.

Keith

Im pretty sure you are ok as you have booked a Hardstanding rather than a Camping pitch that Daz mentioned had sold out.

The Hardstandings are seperate to the Camping pitches

If this is not the case then Daz will contact you

Alexx I think the sockets are rated at 16A so you should be fine for running a few laptops and other appliances.

I think all those with leccky hook ups will be more than willing to make spare sockets available for charging etc for those without - That's what SGL is all about...

By the way anyone know what's the current jaffa cake exchange rate these days :)

Darnit.... been waiting months for this, the ONE day I don't log in to SGL it's announced and all the electric tent pitches sell out :-(

Ah well, seeing as I don't have viable power packs to power everything I need.... I won't be able to come :-(

Such a pitty... was really looking forward to meeting everyone :-(

Ben

Darnit.... been waiting months for this, the ONE day I don't log in to SGL it's announced and all the electric tent pitches sell out :-(

Ah well, seeing as I don't have viable power packs to power everything I need.... I won't be able to come :-(

Such a pitty... was really looking forward to meeting everyone :-(

Ben

Why not put yourself down on the reserve list ?

Its not unusual for somebody to drop out due to circumstance beyond their control

Alexx I think the sockets are rated at 16A so you should be fine for running a few laptops and other appliances.

I think all those with leccky hook ups will be more than willing to make spare sockets available for charging etc for those without - That's what SGL is all about...

By the way anyone know what's the current jaffa cake exchange rate these days :)

Thanks Malc.

In that case, I have a free socket for anyone to use. I did read in the reviews that the sockets are close together so, if the plug is big, it might not fit, so beware!

I will bring a load of Jaffas for anyone to scoff. They're wonderful things aren't they? On a Stargazing Live event last Saturday at the Rollrights (mentioned on the programme with Mel Gigg's pic!!!) I fed all and sundry with mine. I never go to an event without them now!

To answer questions.....

1. We have the same number of pitches that we had last year - they have just sold out quicker!!

2. Camping pitches with EHU have sold out - camping pitches WITHOUT are still available

3. Hard standings are still available

4. You will need to provide your own cable for the EHU sockets

If anyone has a small tent and would be willing to share pitch space, please let me know and we can squeeze a few more on!

If you have batteries to run an imaging rig, charging them during the day is not a problem, plenty of people will offer to help

:)

I'm more than happy to share my electric with someone. As long as I have enough to keep my Pace Maker going I'll be happy.

Unfortunately I have a large tent so space for extra may be problematic.

have one of these and it's great. It has an integral RCD:

Camping Site Mains Supply Unit - 3 Outlet: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure

If anyone wants to share with me they can. I don't know if this supply unit will take three appliances at once, as I'll be running a laptop as well, so if you share with me it would be best to bring a power pack! I don't want the unit to short out! :)

Alexxx

Thanks, that looks like just the job. It seems to have a breaker on it too so thats useful. I will bring a 4 way RCD extension too so I will have plenty of sockets free for those who wish to "liberate" a few electrons :)

Thinking of getting a hot plate too so I can have a sausage and bacon sarnie in the morning... mmmmmm :)

Archived