SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My Pictures from stargazing Live and the Stargazing live - back to Earth

robbieince

I was surprised to see that last night two of my piccies were used on the stargazing live shows.:D:):)

For those that didn't see them - they are attached again here.

The first (NGC3628) is a RGB composite of separate filtered shots and was taken at the Spring Kielder star party 2010 - not August 2011 as they said. This was shown as the first user image put on the board and discussed in the Stargazing Live - Back to Earth show on Tuesday night. It is an enlargement of part of my Leo triplet image. Its also known as Sarahs galaxy apparently. It was shot with my Meade 127 refractor - now gone on to another owner. .

The second is a pleaides shot which is a composite of data taken at home and at Kielder with my AG8 - again RGB imaged separately. it was shown in the closing credits of the Main show on Tuesday.

Chuffed to bits.......

post-15325-133877719467_thumb.jpg

post-15325-133877719472_thumb.jpg

... I must confess, when I saw them and your name I said out loud 'oooh Robbie Ince off the forum'.

Me too - I was listening out for names I recognised and yours was one I picked out Robbie - well done, great pics :D

I saw them Robbie and was pleased to see they were yours :D

How do you send them in?

On the program, they keep saying...'heres a pic that we've just received etc' but the only place I can find to submit is the flikr site, and mine have been on there for ages so are so far down the page number that they've almost no chance of being picked up.

Cheers

Rob

Hi everyone

Thanks very much for the kind words - it was a surprise to see them as I was expecting to be contacted if they planned to use one. Just as I was calling the mrs in to show her the first one (on record) they queued up the second one!

Yep robH the Flickr site is the only way but maybe I was lucky as I put them on earlier that day.

Jody - not many people with my name so unusual. By the by I went to. School in Nottinghamshire.

Regards

Rob

Archived