Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Ok probably a daft question but a m struggling here

I have a Celestron AstroMaster 130 (just purchased) with an EQ3 mount. Followed the instructions regarding setting up and setting it to polar alignment and beleive this is done correctly. However I am unable to see anything where it should be according to the spotting scope.

Can anyone give me an idea on how to set this up?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have the same scope as you and found out pretty quickly that the finder was next to uselss.

I got so frustrated trying to use it I nearly gave it all up, why the scope companys put on a piece of equipment that is so rubbish I cannot understand!!

I bought myself a Telrad which looks huge but you get used to it. Once set up the difference is amazing, I just get what I want to view in the centre circle and I'm away.

By far this is the best bit of kit I have bought that makes stargazing a real joy.

Hi Guys thanks for this, will try setting it u again as per the video

Hopefully skies will be clear tongiht so I an see something I want to rather than just panning around

dz