SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Which laptop/netbook

I have been using a second hand Samsung Dual core which had handled what I needed it to do but has now died!

I'm hoping that I can now buy new at a reasonable price with warrenty. I need to run:

Sharpcap

Registax

APT

PHD

EQMOD

CdC

DSS

I havn't got there yet but I would ideally like to process on it too. Can anyone advise which budget option I should go for? I seem to remember Acer being mentioned as reasonably fast/inepensive?

Thanks,

John:)

My Inspiron 6000 died at the end of the year, which is sad, Ive had it since new.. and it had my copy of Sky Level 4 on it.

What I have now is a Dell Latitude e5510. *with xp*, with a 3 year warrentee.

There are still some around (its just stopped production) ND HAs a com port on it.

Runs like a rocket

My Atom powered netbook seems to run most of my astronomy software just fine but some applications, including ones from Canon for DSLR image manipulation will not run on the 10.1 inch screens of the smaller netbooks. You can run them however by linking an external higher resolution screen when you are processing images indoors.

John I'm using lenovo x200 for all purpose machine - images processing, telescope/camera control and programming. In the office I have docking station with 22" monitor, keyboard mouse and lan connection.

Out of the office it is small easy to carry, but still powerful machine with 4-7 hours battery time (using the extended one) and big enough screen.

Archived