SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A quick go at the horse head last night......

stan26

More pigs ear than horse head I think :)

Second night out trying guided imaging with the EQ3-2, this time I didn't have any problems with equipment failure, just the usual guiding woes. DEC is being a pain in the a4se! I wish i had of left it alone since my first guide test, but noI had to tweak it and mess it all up,just can't leave things alone....:D

2 minute subs still (don't dare go any longer atm) with kit listed in sig.

Just over an hour exposure in total with a Handful of darks added. I love this area of the sky but it just ain't the place for un-modded DSLR's to be hanging out, I will return with more enthusiasm once Im all modded with appropriate filters etc....

Stan:)

post-23582-133877719285_thumb.jpg

Cheers Mik, A modded cam is next on the list after a new L prime lens.....

Looking at the image again now I can't believe I posted it up its awful! needs load more data to smooth it out, but the main purpose to image it was to re-test the guiding and I chose the horse flame area because I have never attempted this object before for the above reasons, I was actually quite suprised to see the horse head come through after just a small stretch of the histo. I suppose it shows others that you can reveal the main subject with a standard dslr, just not the faint stuff.

Anyway, with the mercury dipping below -3 Monday night I wasn't staying out for long......

Brrrrrrrrrrr :D

post-23582-133877719346_thumb.jpg

Top effort. It's nice to see another person giving this a go with an unmodded camera. I recently started imaging this target with my unmodded canon 400d.

It's a shame you can't push longer than a few minutes. I'm getting out to 8 minutes and really want to push to 10. The problem for me is noise. 20-25 degrees C is killing me at the moment.

Attempted this with my unmodded camera and absolutely no luck apart from a bit of the flame nebula. Just got a powertank for my birthday so now have the ability to drive out to some dark sites and try again.

EDIT - forgot to say, I think it looks great as is! If you think you can get more and better then I look forward to seeing the results?

Nice image Stan. It fits perfectly into your cameras field of view. I tried this target last year with an unmodded 1000d and it is surprising how much ha you can pick up (just needs lots more subs). Excellent result for just an hour of data

Cheers

Neil

Love the Pringles dew shield!

:D yes perfect for any 60mm scope! and if it did get a bit soggy after a nights imaging....well there's no shortage of pringle tubes in my house :)

Thanks for the comment's guys, I think I'll save the photons for you HA/CCD imagers and move onto to something more suited for now....

Cheers

Stan:)

Archived