Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

hello from outside Chippenham

daczzr

At long last i have bitten the bullet and now own a skywatcher 130. in the typical newbie hast i assembled it last night and scrambled out into the garden. I some how managed to have at good look at Jupiter who feels like a good friend after all those evenings looking through some 8x40 bins. I felt privaledged as i managed to see some of the markings and gazed at the moons-whilst scrabbling at the fine adjusters to keep it all in view as i hadn't set the mount up!! Fantastic 2 hours just amazed at the difference a scope makes. Time to do some homework at get the scope ready for some properly set up portable veiwing from the local hills.

Good site full of helpful tipe etc and thanks to scopenskies for a good scope

Wow what a big response, thanks to all. GazK yes have looked at the wilts astronomy meet as i'm not that far from Lacock, Bowood is my nearest decent landmark(and poss darker location) JBM1165 will look at the software as it all helps thanks. Cabby Chippenham is the new home(3years) still getting used to it after 8 years in Huddersfield and 30 years in west sussex before that.

Archived