Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Phone call from the wife

smolloy

Apparently the UPS guy just showed up at our house with a couple of pretty big boxes from teleskop-express.de..... :)

Now all I have to do is resist the urge to bail out of work early to go home to set things up! :D

PS: Unboxing pics will follow tonight.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember "not being able" to go to work the day I got a phonecall to say my BBC Model B was ready for collection.

It also happened one day when "I just had to" go to Barrow in Furness to pick up a gearbox oil seal for one of my bikes. That fell on a work day too. :-)

Well, it's all about priorities isn't it? :-)

I have to admit that I'm very impressed with the inventiveness of this community when it comes to getting out of work to play with new toys :D

So far I have managed to resist, but as the day grinds on my willpower is dropping like a stone....

Shame you don't have a superhero costume at work.

That way you could whip it on, advise your Boss that there's a kitten that needs to be saved and then run out like a madman...

Well... In my head it seems like a perfectly reasonable reason to leave work early. :D

Could you not state you have come down with (insert obscure astronomical term here) and need to go home, you wont be telling a lie and work will feel really sorry for you. "Did you hear he went home with (obscure astronomical term)!!!!!, poor lad...."

Bart

Acquire a Flash super-hero costume, run home, unpack the thing, assemble it, toy around with it and run back. The chap that stood next to you when you departed would still be picking his nose and would barely notice you were gone. Sheldon did it likewise, so why wouldn't you.:D

Could you not state you have come down with (insert obscure astronomical term here) and need to go home, you wont be telling a lie and work will feel really sorry for you. "Did you hear he went home with (obscure astronomical term)!!!!!, poor lad...."

Bart

:D

Now I'm desperately resisting the urge to tell bad astro jokes (nebulosity in Uranus? Obscured Pollox?), as well as the urge to go home early! :)

:D

Now I'm desperately resisting the urge to tell bad astro jokes (nebulosity in Uranus? Obscured Pollox?), as well as the urge to go home early! :)

Sounds nasty, Smolloy, I believe that's contagious ? Luckily, there is*a*cream*for*that*nowadays....

Bart

Sounds nasty, Smolloy, I believe that's contagious ? Luckily, there is*a*cream*for*that*nowadays....

Bart[/quote

Sorry about weird test, that nebulosity affected the text format on my 'phone..

No undertone/overtone associated,

I got excited about your unboxing photos and spilt coffee all over my trousers. they are white trousers.

Yey I got my excuse to go home early and wait for your pics. hehe.

hurry up I'm waiting!

White trousers ! Jesus. You in a bee gees outfit ?

Archived