Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Brian Cox Effect

Jiggy 67

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do like his presenting style and the way he describes things. He makes things easy for your average bloke to understand when talking about things that are unbelievably complex.

Not bad for an ex keyboard player from a 90's pop band......

I do like his presenting style and the way he describes things. He makes things easy for your average bloke to understand when talking about things that are unbelievably complex.

Not bad for an ex keyboard player from a 90's pop band......

dereem:)he is a good presenter though

Using a 9x50 finder, discovered some traces of arctic coloration in the northern, normally dark zone of the Brainy Cocks on BBC HD. :D

Appreciated his self deprecating humour at the end, when he remarked that Brian Culshaw stares wistfully into space more professionally than he does. :)

I like Prof. Cox but I really do wish that the stargazing live shows would actually do some stargazing 'live', some live planetary/lunar video from a small goto scope and a webcam would be a winner, with an explanation, or using a hand driven mount or how about running through a quick alignment routine on a small goto scope? They go to great lengths to tell people how easy it all is, time to show the public I think? It's not about promoting a particular method, just showing how easy the hobby is to get into.

Perhaps this could spill into the sky at night shows, I like hearing about all the wonderful stuff that's happening in the wider world of astronomy but sometimes i feel there is an opportunity missed here.

Regards,

Reggie.

Although I like Brian's ability to draw in the public, I find his mockery of things he doesn't believe in or agree with slightly annoying. Very Sheldon-esque.

if its astrology he is having a go at then I agree with Brian Cox. He should be able to give his opinion as there are numerous astrologers in the press and media promoting their pseudo science

if its astrology he is having a go at then I agree with Brian Cox. He should be able to give his opinion as there are numerous astrologers in the press and media promoting their pseudo science

There's a difference between giving an opinion and mocking.

Archived