Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Forum Changes....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The great thing about the "Most recent posts" listing under Stats on the main page is that the threads don't disappear from the list once you've viewed them - unlike the New Posts button at the top of the page. Which is great for twits like me that can never find a specific recent thread again once I've left it! :)

As a previous devotee to the '200 most recent posts' list, I too loved that. But you can get something similar: instead of using the "New Posts" link, go to the "Search" drop down and select "Find Today's Posts" - this will include threads you've already fully read.

You can access it directly via this link:

http://stargazerslounge.com/search.php?do=getdaily

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all, I'm brand new member to the Stargazer Lounge, am hopeful of creating new friendships as I go along.

Just wanted to mention, having some basic IT background that yes, the site administrator is correct on the

adjustment of "user capabilities"......everyone has wide range of attachments like pictures or documents related to equipment that as you all know, can "eat-up" space

within a server mainframe memory, by letting server get "to full" the system can actually slow "specific search or display functions" this would create an unduehardship for all members at some point in time.

Also, regarding the "old posts vs new posts" perhaps the Stargazer Lounge WEB or IT staff can "write special code" to remove those Old Posts

after a certain period of time, this also will free-up server functionality and application.  Some of this info. I'm sharing here most likely is nothing

new to anyone utilizing "search features"........but is relevent when trying to maintain web-site functionality, such as this one with so many "member interactions", each with their own set of communication styles and use of "web-site features".

Sometimes, keeping things "basic" is best approach.......just saying

Anyways, have a good one guys!!

Welcome to SGL.

The issue of old posts has been got around, by moving to a bigger server :)

There is so much good information in some older posts that we try to delete nothing.

Thanks for the tips though.

Cheers

Ant

Archived